Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jeff O'Connor and David Whitley were THE BOMB this past weekend!

This past weekend, Condition hosted an Advanced Basics Workshop with Master RKC Jeff O'Connor (and special guest MRKC David Whitley.) It was entire day of only... you guessed it... Swings and Get-ups. They reiterated how important those two exercises are and that the better you can perform the basics, the better you will be at everything else. It was also one of those days that taught me a lot about myself.

I remember when I went through the RKC the first time back in 2006. I thought I knew EVERYTHING about kettlebells - I was an RKC! Then I assisted the following year and thought... hmm... maybe I don't know as much as I thought. 4 years, 4 RKC's, 2 RKC 2's, an HKC and countless workshops put on by Pavel, Senior and Master RKC's later and I realize I know NOTHING. I wake up every day and get to "play kettlebells" - working with the tool I love the most, and the more I know about the body the more I realize there is to learn. Thankfully, I have a network of others around the world in similar situations and we make each other better. The more you know, the more you realize you don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment